Saturday 5 November 2011

Opensim will grow thanks to the likes of Linda Kellie

Linda Kellie makes creations you can use in Opensim(and Second Life).
Opensim's future depends on people like Linda Kellie. As the saying goes, content is king. Without it, any virtual world is just an application on a server.

Linda makes well presented items that grab the attention.
Practical items than help build a region.
This nice shop would allow someone to jump right in
and stock it with stuff they are good at making.
From Linda's blog here is part of her personal note:


I have listed my products under the creative commons license although I don't really care what you do with them or how you do it. I will never file a DMCA on anything I have ever made. I really just want people to have the freedom of having something with no rules, no TOS, and no fears. 
Since 2005 I have been creating for virtual worlds. And I hate to think of those years as wasted time. So upon retiring my main avatar "Ayla Holt" as well as some alts, I realized I had all this stuff just sitting on my hard drive. I could just go into every grid and box up the stuff and set it out for free but since there are grids such as Avination who have strict freebie policies and would never allow me to do that, putting it on my own website seemed to be the most logical choice.


In fact, I am going to make an award. I'll call it the Opensim Community Member of Distinction, and Linda Kellie is the first recipient. 


Linda's blog: http://lindakellie.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment